When I first saw a recipe that combined bacon and apples, I was a bit skeptical. But I kept seeing more... Apparently, bacon and apples go well with just about any meat! So, I decided to try my own version of a recipe that combined bacon and apples along with some delicious pork tenderloin. And... I'm so glad I gave it a try! Because that's when crockpot apple bacon pork was born. I love this recipe and I know you will, too!
So what are you waiting for?? Give it a go:
Crockpot Apple Bacon Pork Tenderloin
- 3-5 lbs pork tenderloin
- 3-5 red skin potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb bag of baby carrots
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-2 granny smith apples (optional)
- 1/2-lb sliced, raw bacon (optional)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Real Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray pork with Eat Cleaner Seafood + Poultry Spray, let sit for 2 minutes. Rinse pork and pat dry.
- Line the bottom of a 6-quart crockpot dish with all but two slices of bacon.
- Place about half of your cut potatoes, apples, onions, and carrots on top of the bacon.
- Add in your pork tenderloin fat cap up on top of your fruit and vegetables.
- Place the remaining apples, potatoes, onions, and carrots around the tenderloin.
- Lay the remaining two slices of bacon on top of the tenderloin.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic, salt, and pepper on and around the tenderloin as desired.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove bacon from the top of the pork and scrape off any extra fat.
- Serve and enjoy in any way you'd like!
** Side Note: Thrive Market is always giving away an awesome deal along with a free 30-day membership with all orders! Check out Thrive Market and see their latest deal HERE. (And yes, all of the above are affiliate links. This means if you were to purchase anything by using a link on my website I would receive a small commission. This does not, however, affect the price. I only use links to products I know, like, and trust and think you will as well (:) **
Let me know what you think of the recipe by leaving a comment below!