New recipe! Simple, delicious, and packed with protein. A true healthy taco salad – none of those fried shells or chips in this recipe (: But it’s so good you won’t need any! With just a hint of lime, this recipe adds a little fiesta flare to your day.
Chicken Lime Taco Salad
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 Tbsp ghee (I use Organic Valley Purity Farms Ghee)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (this Santa Cruz Lime Juice is my personal favorite)
- Taco seasoning (try my homemade Taco Seasoning!)
- Lettuce of choice
- 1 cup riced cauliflower, cooked (can be substituted for white rice for a not-as-paleo version)
- Organic diced tomatoes and/or salsa
- Grass-fed, full-fat yogurt (this is a great replacement for sour cream!)
- Other toppings as desired (i.e. salsa verde, jalapeños, bell peppers, hot sauce, etc.)
- Lettuce (I like using a combination of Romaine and spring mix)
Spray chicken with Eat Cleaner Seafood + Poultry Wash and let sit 2 minutes before rinsing. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add ghee to pan until melted. Place butterflied chicken in skillet, sprinkle taco seasoning on top, and cook for 8-10 minutes. Flip chicken, sprinkle taco seasoning and lime juice on top, and cook for another 5-8 minutes. Once chicken is cooked through, remove from heat and slice into cubes. Serve on top of a bed of lettuce with toppings of choice (feel free to add more seasoning to your plate!). Your healthy taco salad is now ready to eat!
Want another taco salad recipe? Check out my Healthy Beef Taco Salad with Plantain Chips here!
** Side Note: Thrive Market is always giving away an awesome deal along with a free 30-day membership with all orders! Check out Thrive Market and see their latest deal HERE. (And yes, all of the above are affiliate links. This means if you were to purchase anything by using a link on my website I would receive a small commission. This does not, however, affect the price. I only use links to products I know, like, and trust and think you will as well (:) **
How do you like the recipe? Let me know in the comments below!