Now don't get me wrong... I'm perfectly fine with some REAL mashed potatoes every now and then, but sometimes you just don't want (or need) the extra simple carbs. That's the perfect time to substitute those mashed potatoes with cauli-potatoes (aka cauliflower mashed potatoes)! They are still creamy, tasty, and goes great with any dish! (and yes, they taste better than they look...(:)
Faux Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-2 Tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee (I prefer it with butter)
- 1-tsp minced garlic
- Real Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Spray cauliflower florets with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Vegetable Wash and let sit for 2 minutes before rinsing.
- Steam cauliflower florets on a stove-top for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Place half of the cooked florets into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add in the remaining cauliflower, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper and continue to blend until it reaches your preferred consistency.
- Your cauliflower mashed potatoes are ready to eat! (But you may want to wait a few minutes because it will be HOT!)
** Side Note: Thrive Market is always giving away an awesome deal along with a free 30-day membership with all orders! Check out Thrive Market and see their latest deal HERE. (And yes, all of the above are affiliate links. This means if you were to purchase anything by using a link on my website I would receive a small commission. This does not, however, affect the price. I only use links to products I know, like, and trust and think you will as well (:) **
Will you give this recipe a try? Let me know in the comments below!